Government Agencies Ready with GovCloud WorkshopsMay 5th, 2017
Government agencies are gearing up to migrate their systems to the cloud, following the successful launch of the Government Cloud (GovCloud) project.
Vibal Group, Inc. and the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) are set to host a series of GovCloud Migration Technical Workshop running from May 16 to June 20, 2017. The goal of these workshops is to assist information and communications technology (ICT) engineers and specialists from different agencies in migrating their ICT operations to the national cloud system.
The first batch of agencies set to attend the onboarding workshop on May 16 includes:
- Presidential Communications Operations Office
- National Museum of the Philippines
- National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
- Department of Trade and Industry – Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (DTI-CIAP)
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA)
- Batangas Provincial Assessor’s Office
Vibal Group CEO Gus Vibal talking about the Philippines’ cloud readiness index at the GovCloud launch.
GovCloud is DICT’s first signature project. Launched on March 28, 2017, the project aims to reduce the cost of technology solutions and improve the overall operational efficiency of the government. This is pursuant to DICT’s Circular No. 2017-002 or the adoption of the Cloud First Policy by state departments, offices, and agencies to provide better services to citizens through the use of scalable and on-demand cloud computing.
The ₱373-million bid to build, operate, and transfer a complete cloud solution for the Philippine government was awarded to Vibal Group in December 2016.